JOB OPENING DETAIL [REF: TECH-I]
|Reporting to||Instrument Supervisor|
Carries out preventive and breakdown maintenance and calibration of all electronic (PLC/DCS/SCADA) and pneumatic control system instruments in the field and workshop in the assigned field, such as transmitters, control valves, shut down switches and vibration probes and installs cabling as necessary. Also carries out routine/preventive maintenance of analyzers, fire and gas, all instrumentation and safety system. Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on ESD system. Assists Senior Technicians during fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors. Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on metering system and equipment.
Key Result Areas
1. Carries out routine preventive maintenance and calibration of field instruments on a regular basis per the approved schedule for transmitters, control valves, shut down switches and a variety of other instruments in all process areas. Completes work reports after each job giving full details of work carried out, including parts and materials used and man hours spent.
2. Carries out breakdown maintenance or ad hoc checks as required by Production, and disassembles instruments, cleans/replaces parts or components, reassembles, replaces cards, calibrates and tests serviced instruments to ensure proper operation. Reports all serious malfunctions immediately to engineer, for his advice and direction.
3. Receives repair work orders and carries out repairs to instrumentation equipment and systems. Includes determining faults, replacing or repairing faulty components on PCBs or replacing the card as required; checks untoward readings on controllers and transmitters and advises production of non-instrument related problems. Assists in minor overhauls of various instruments in the workshop, repairing, checking, replacing and recalibrating equipment parts. Carries out "run-up" and "zero" checks on equipment and ensures all equipment is working.
4. Carries out routine daily checks and calibration of a wide variety of analyzers, such as H2S and O2 analyzers, gas chromatographs, PH meters, infrared and thermal analyzers. Repairs or corrects any routine problems as observed and informs supervisor of any serious abnormalities.
5. Carries out routine preventive maintenance on analyzers in accordance with maintenance schedule, such as replacing cylinders for span, carrier or zero gas. Completes brief work reports giving details of work performed.
6. Participates and assists in the regular visual inspection of all instrumentation and associated control systems in assigned area, to monitor condition and operation and to locate potential problems.
7. Carries out all activities in accordance with Company safety procedures and manufacturer's recommendations, ensuring that all precautions are taken to isolate equipment prior to commencing work, following all safety instructions and notices, and wearing protective equipment at all times.
8. Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on Pneumatic and PLC based ESD systems.
9. Assists during troubleshooting of gas turbine start-up problems. Demonstrate servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis, calibration and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors.
10. Carries out calibration, servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on metering system and associated equipments.
11. Assists in the on site implementation of improvement/expansion projects on field instrumentation and control system equipment. Includes assisting engineers on site, carrying out actual installation, connection and configuration and running tests on equipment prior to handover.
12. Coordinates with mechanical craftsmen on the maintenance of heavy equipment (compressors, turbines and pumps) by dismantling associated control instruments and cabling. Reinstalls instrumentation when overhauls maintenance has been completed.
13. Work towards completion of Competency Development Assurance (CDA) profiles.
14. P Participate in STAR safety program and report all unsafe acts, behaviors and conditions.
15. Performs Emergency Response Role as required by company.
§ Completion of first year of Secondary (10 years) education
§ 3yr Diploma or apprenticeship in the mechanical trade (equivalent to UK, City and Guilds/ NVQ or ONC).
§ 4/5 years' electronic instrumentation maintenance experience in a oil and gas, including significant experience with field analyzers.
§ Should have working knowledge of computer applications software such as Microsoft Office/ Computerised Maintenance management systems (Oracle).
§ Fair written and spoken English